Original topic:

issues with phone

(Topic created on: 3/1/21 4:34 AM)
Bry78
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have a Samsung 20fe when I unlock my phone the internet pops up says I have malicious software detected not sure how to get it off.
0 Likes
8 Replies
ZManOverstreet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
did you download anything off of Chrome recently
0 Likes
Bry78
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
no not that I know of but I was talking on the phone the other day and my face was hitting stuff when I was holding it to my ear so who knows
ZManOverstreet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
try looking through downloads on your system files and delete anything suspicious, definitely a malware attack
0 Likes
Bry78
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I dont use Google Chrome can I just uninstall it would this problem go away
0 Likes
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
You should check your apps and sort by most recent to see if there is anything new that you don't recognize. This sounds like malware on your phone usually caused by a recently installed app.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@Bry78 

This could be a real notice or it could be some malware popping an ad wanting you to click. You don't want to click on the ad and get in deeper. 

To get rid of this warning:

• You would need to delete the 3rd party software which you installed. It could be an innocent looking game or calculator. 
  • If deleting all 3rd party software doesn't get rid of it, you could do a factory data reset. This would set your phone back to the original factory software. 
0 Likes
ConorSmith
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
And consider an anti-malware service. Phones are computers and get viruses too
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

you need to delete storage on your browser, and delete any 3rd party apps that you dont use.

its pop up from the apps

0 Likes