JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

just got Android 11 update this morning!!

(Topic created on: 12/16/20 1:53 PM)
Airis
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I have an s20+ with the sprint network. Does anybody know if the themes app will update itself or I have to manually do it? Because now all my themes aren't working properly. I have over 20 of them... they have all been updated but they are still acting up. But now they are not installing all the way smh I know its this update. Anyone else having issues?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S20
Go into recovery mode and Wipe Cache Partition, this would help as when you update software if you don't wipe this system Cache you will have issues, as old data from previous software might be corrupted and thus the reason to why some apps are acting up after any software update.
give it a try

Screenshot_20201217-094948_Gallery.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
ThisGirlSerious
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Are the themes you have actually compatible with Android 11? I often see that disclaimer on some themes and other items in the Galaxy store.
0 Likes
Airis
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
my phone just updated to android 11 lasnight. I don't think any of my themes were compatible. but right after I got the update, they all updated so idk.
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S20
Go into recovery mode and Wipe Cache Partition, this would help as when you update software if you don't wipe this system Cache you will have issues, as old data from previous software might be corrupted and thus the reason to why some apps are acting up after any software update.
give it a try

Screenshot_20201217-094948_Gallery.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
Airis
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
how do I go into recovery mode?
0 Likes
Airis
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
how do I go into recovery mode on my pnone?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
restart your phone

-while the screen is black press and hold Volume Up and Power keys at the same time and don't let go until you see the Samsung Android logo, let go of the keys, this would take you to the Recovery mode and will look similar to the previous screenshot

-use Volume Up or Down to scroll and go to Wipe Cache Partition, press the Power Key to select, this will take you to a Yes or No to Wipe the Partition

-Scroll to Yes and press Power Key, once it finishes it'll take you back to the Recovery menu, from here just select Reboot system now..

Just make sure that you go into Wipe Cache Partition and not the Wipe Data/Factory Reset as this will erase everything in your phone and you have to reinstall everything
Airis
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
ok I will try this thank you!! I was thinking about doing the factory reset actually lol but I'm gonna try this.
0 Likes
Airis
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
omg thank you so much this worked !!!!
Options
Galaxy S20
Good job and that's great news:thumbs_up: