Original topic:

messaging app not working after update

(Topic created on: 2/16/21 7:01 AM)
mindy0809
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Anyone have a fix for fixing the issue with the text messaging app? After the latest update on my s20+ it will open and automatically shutdown after about 2 seconds. I get an error message that says unable to send your message. It will be sent when service becomes available.
0 Likes
5 Replies
sam2021
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I posted this in an ATT forum:

I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue: samsung s20 shows text messages are sent but others not always receiving them

I have tried all of the following:

Re-booted

Hard re-start

Network restart

Clear cashe

Force stop the app

Turn on/off airplane mode

Deleted old messages/group messages

Took out and put back in sim card

Closed all open apps

Switching off advance messaging

Switched on/off wifi

I thought initially one contact wasnt receiving my texts but it's multiple people. However some contacts are receiving my texts. 

The contacts that are and are not receiving text are all different devices: android, galaxy, apple etc. different cell service providers: ATT, Verizon. I'm a resident in the USA.

ATT said it was a Samsung isssue. Samsung couldn't figure out what is happening. They directed me to a local cell phone fix it store for a diagnosis.

Any one experiencing this?

Any clue what the issue is and how to fix it?

The problem may have started when I had an update download on Friday Feb 12?

Thanks!
0 Likes
mindy0809
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you! I ended up taking the phone to sprint. they said several people were having this issue with their phones after the latest update. They had to reset something on my phone and it fixed the problem.
0 Likes
sam2021
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
you are lucky! ATT sent me to Samsung and neither of them knew what was wrong. I'm going to a cell phone fix it store on Friday and hope they can figure it out. do you know what it was sprint reset?
0 Likes
mindy0809
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm sorry I'm not sure exactly what they reset. It was a little like a factory reset however, It did not delete my apps.
0 Likes
sam2021
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
interesting, great. thank you!
0 Likes