Original topic:

mobile network/network mode

(Topic created: 09-19-2021 01:20 PM)
Members_Uo7DuQb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

my samsung s20 fe is a 5g phone but under mobile network/network mode there is no option for 5g.  I do not have 5g coverage in my area so is this why there is no 5g option.  or should the 5g option still be there?

0 Likes
6 Replies
BEN83
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
Is your phone unlocked or locked version. Because I was reading on Google people experiencing that issue on att company where att was disabling that feature, so I was thinking that your phone doesn't support that feature. Or what else could be your CSC code is corrupted. I never had same problem like you are facing now. Just try to do some research on Google how to fix that problem.
0 Likes
Members_Uo7DuQb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

the phone is unlocked and with Consumer Cellular which uses AT&T network lines.  I did do some research on Google but could not find anyone who had this problem & found a solution.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@Members_Uo7DuQb 

"I do not have 5g coverage in my area...

Without 5G in the area, why do you expect to see a 5G option? 

0 Likes
Members_Uo7DuQb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I expect to see a 5g option because the phone is a 5g phone.  I thought that every type of network the phone is capable of should be listed there, such as 2g, 3g,4g,LTE,5g.  This is so you could switch back & forth & pick the type of network you want.  This is according to what I have read in Google searches with the research I have done.

0 Likes
useroKODuuu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
It doesn't work cause att chooses the connection but if you have t mobile or metro it would show as 5g 4g lte 3g and 2g only
0 Likes
Members_Uo7DuQb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

yes, I also heard that on some of the Google searches I have done on this topic.  I just recently switched to T-Mobile so I will soon find out if this is true.

0 Likes