JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

my phone adding '20' into the number when i dial

(Topic created: 01-28-2021 01:05 PM)
Members_CAkWKod
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

When I call from my contacts, the phone is adding 20 into the phone number. For example, the number saved in the contact is xxx-xxx-xxxx, but I hit the call button, the phone dials xxx20-xxx-xxxx.

It does this if I create a contact and save a number in it.

If I dial a number and then save it as a contact, it will dial fine.

12 Replies
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

sorry, i did not understand the steps.

so, if you create a contact with only name first, then click edit and save number, '20' is added to the number you saved? can you make a call? or does it says its unable to dial this number?

but if you make a call first then save it into a contact from recent call history, it is fine?

what is your software version? settings - about - software info - baseband

thanks

0 Likes
Members_CAkWKod
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

so, no it does not add the 20 into the saved number. it just puts it in when i dial.

the rest is correct.

0 Likes
GZ2fold
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
In case your phone is infected with a virus, verify when this discrepancy began, to see if you can restore the phone to a previous time when it was fine. Therefore if you have nothing important within this period then do not backup the contamination. Did you open a suspicious message? Turn the phone off completely then after 30 seconds back on, just in case in only needed a light reset.
0 Likes
Members_CAkWKod
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

it's a work phone with premium security on it and there has been no suspicious message or links.

I've tried turning it off and back on.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for reaching out. Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Members_CAkWKod
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Very strange, but when I open in Safe Mode, the 20 is still added in the number when I dial, but the call completes.

I may just factory reset the phone.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Next step I would recommend would be wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Members_CAkWKod
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for the advice. Still the same though, unfortunatley.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the phone app on your device?

0 Likes