cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

network keeps dropping with sprint, carrier cannot diagnose

i bought s20 ultra 5g SPRINT new from best buy late july -

it worked fine for a while but then it was constantly having issues dropping from the mobile network.

if i attempt to do anything that requires a fair amount of data, (streaming music or videos) it will drop from the network and reload intermittently. 

i will also get a "carrier hub" notification - "processing requests - mobile installer requests are processing..."  a few times a day while the phone is really struggling..

i started by changing the network settings network mode from automatic to 5G / 4G (LTE) / CDMA, down to just 4G and it was still having the issues.  the only way i can get it to not do this is to leave it on 3G.

geeksquad told me it was a carrier issue - so i've been to tmobile/sprint to update the sim 3 times.  i've read this can cause issues with the 5G network and tmobile & sprint merge bouncing from towers for coverage - they said it should have fixed the issue and it hasn't.

software is all up to date.

i'm really at a loss as to where to take it or what to do next.... the phone is practically unusable at times.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: network keeps dropping with sprint, carrier cannot diagnose

you may have to go get a tmobile sim since they are changing over their towers. i did that today. I was having all sorts of issues lately. only problem now, is the data icon is gone in my drop down menu. working on it.
Highlighted
Constellation

did you have to specifically request a tmobile card from them?  each time i went in they gave me another sprint one and assured me it would work.

Highlighted
Asteroid

yes. i told them about the issues and they offered the new Tmobile sim card. itll change somevstuff on your phone so be sure to back it up before you swap it out.