JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

notification ringtones - galaxy S20

(Topic created: 03-10-2020 05:09 AM)
userJDv4rFoYbi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Why can't I set a different ringtone for each notification on my new Galaxy S20?  Some notifications are not as important as others\, so while I would like to know that there is a new notification, I would also like to be able to differentiate between sounds to figure out if I need to stop what I am doing to look at what just came in or if it can wait awhile...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userJDv4rFoYbi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So, I have figured it out -  Go to the notification settings and at the bottom there should be a list of recently used apps, if you click on the app right there then it opens up another screen which appears to have only buttons turning notifications on and off, but if you click on  the notification type (to the left, not the on/off button)  then it opens up a different screen where you can change the notification sound

View solution in context

12 Replies
userJDv4rFoYbi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks!  That  works to set different  sounds per contact,  but I want a different  sound per app. I want a Gmail notification  to sound different  from a text or a snap chat 

Samsung_A4gdnfi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Try going into each app notification settings...

0 Likes
userJDv4rFoYbi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have tried that, but all of the notification settings I have  accesses, either in each app or in the phone settings, only allow me to turn notifications  on and off.  I can change the notification  ring tone in the ring tone section, but it only allows me to pick one ring tone and that ring tone plays for every notification.  I can't find any other notification  place that gives me more options than on or off... 

0 Likes
user1cxaqrEOu0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I wanted to know the same thing. I've managaed to change it in some app settings, but it's still being overwritten by the default notification sound.

0 Likes
userPd5IGzUPFs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

This worked for googles messages:

Settings -> search for Apps -> find app -> Notifications -> Click on the words "Other Notifications" -> Sounds. It will used "default notification sound" but you can change it from there.

Similar path for gmail

Apps -> gmail -> notifications-> click "mail" words under each account (each email can have different tones" -> Sound -> default is "default notifications tone".

So set a generic notification tone in your main notification settings. Then go into each app you want a different tone and override it. just dumb hidden menus for things that only look like on/off sliders.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

Sone themes can override any ringtones and notifications you set. Have you installed any themes lately? If so, try uninstalling them and see if that helps.

0 Likes
userZ2jhnc0JRQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes, having the same issue. What ever the sound they have set for the samsung email client is driving me insane and I can't figure out a way to change it. HELP!!!!!!

0 Likes
Solution
userJDv4rFoYbi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So, I have figured it out -  Go to the notification settings and at the bottom there should be a list of recently used apps, if you click on the app right there then it opens up another screen which appears to have only buttons turning notifications on and off, but if you click on  the notification type (to the left, not the on/off button)  then it opens up a different screen where you can change the notification sound