JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

onedrive camera upload

(Topic created: 11-24-2020 07:49 AM)
user0EhNTqscy9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Just got my S20 plus and finished setting everything up. One issue I'm having is with OneDrive's Camera Upload.

The option to turn it on simply doesn't exist. I know exactly where it should be (me icon, settings, camera upload) but it's not there.

I'm no rookie and I've been using this for years but I'm stumped and figured I'd start here to see if anyone ele is seeing this issue.

14 Replies
Solution
user0EhNTqscy9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Fixed it. Somehow the Gallery app got connected OneDrive. I disconnected it and everything's back to normal.

BlaiseMan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the same issue. How did you disconnect the two and get camera upload to show up in settings?

user0EhNTqscy9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
userzTLAMZLBiG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

THANK YOU!  Gallery sync wasn't working because I store photos on SD Card.  Very stupid feature....  Keep ondrive upload!

0 Likes
user32jkbjgpTl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I would like to add to above steps..I also have an S20 and had the same issues with no camera upload and I didn't like how Samsung and microsoft linked.I followed the steps in support link above but it didn't completely work for me.The sync all items icon in settings,accounts and backup,accounts,onedrive kept turning off all by itself..My solution was to fully unlink from Microsoft account as follows, settings,accounts and backup,accounts,Samsung account,apps and services,connected services, unlink the Microsoft account..then go to one drive app, me,and there is the camera upload..turn it on...hope this helps..

userZ3iqLZ4Sv5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

You totally rock! I NEVER would have found that setting. It's a bit different on mine, as I don't have an S20, but I eventually found it and fixed my OneDrive app. Thing is...I don't remember ever setting it up to llink Samsung and OneDrive, so it must've done itself. How annoying. Thank you so much for your additional instructions!!

0 Likes
usermC23GtCGIQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for taking the time to add the extra steps required, so important. I've had to do this once before but I couldn't work it out this time. It's a mistake to ever sign up for the Samsung Cloud to OneDrive connection, best avoided altogether. Using the Samsung Cloud's Gallery intergration for photos is awful not least because of the way it muddles up dates created. Thanks to you I can now go back to Camera Roll, Cheers from UK.

0 Likes
userIb7oGWlbMd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you so much for this - it worked perfectly. I have had this problem for a week now on my new A42 5g & it's been driving me crazy.  Very relieved as i'd run out of ideas.

0 Likes
WizardOfOdz_777
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

This IS the answer from user user32jkbjgpTl

I would have never found this setting. 

Thanks and Happy New Year!

WizardOfOdz_777
https://tinyurl.com/y3rejnlp
0 Likes