JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Multiple App Crashes on S20!!!

(Topic created: 03-22-2021 06:04 PM)
chriskey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I had apps crashing issue with with some apps under UI 3.0, I thought the 3.1 update was going to solve the problem BUT it's getting worse. almost all apps crashes. Help!!!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
The BOSS lady
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20

UPDATE: Early this morning/late last night Google released new versions of Android System WebView & Google Chrome. If you are experiencing constant app closure/crashes, please open Google Play Store and update both apps to the latest version.

Google has provided more details and steps for updating Android System WebView and Google Chrome as well as how to manually update WebView or Chrome if the update of either app fails to complete.  

“To resolve this issue, Android System WebView and Google Chrome need to be updated. Google Play will soon download the update to these apps on affected devices, or you can update manually to resolve the issue immediately. Some devices do not have WebView pre-installed and only need to update Chrome.

To manually update Android System WebView and Google Chrome right now:

1. Open the Play Store app.
  2. Search for “Android System WebView.”
  3. Select Update. If it doesn't say “Update”, skip this step.
  4. Repeat these steps for Google Chrome

Reference: https://support.google.com/android/thread/103561027?hl=en

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

11 Replies
chriskey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

you're a life saver, thanks!

ESCOBAR119
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Same here!!!! Completely frustrated!!!!
drachel
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
having same problem today
0 Likes
ESCOBAR119
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
On other post, said to Uninstall Android Webview....just worked for me!!!
Thumper22
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
go to Google store and Uninstall the Android Webview and don't reinstall it bad bug
0 Likes
usereuIPDsfImh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
my phone only allows to disable the Android webview. How do I uninstall it?
0 Likes
Solution
The BOSS lady
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20

UPDATE: Early this morning/late last night Google released new versions of Android System WebView & Google Chrome. If you are experiencing constant app closure/crashes, please open Google Play Store and update both apps to the latest version.

Google has provided more details and steps for updating Android System WebView and Google Chrome as well as how to manually update WebView or Chrome if the update of either app fails to complete.  

“To resolve this issue, Android System WebView and Google Chrome need to be updated. Google Play will soon download the update to these apps on affected devices, or you can update manually to resolve the issue immediately. Some devices do not have WebView pre-installed and only need to update Chrome.

To manually update Android System WebView and Google Chrome right now:

1. Open the Play Store app.
  2. Search for “Android System WebView.”
  3. Select Update. If it doesn't say “Update”, skip this step.
  4. Repeat these steps for Google Chrome

Reference: https://support.google.com/android/thread/103561027?hl=en

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.