JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

phone does not have a way to reorder contacts

(Topic created: 08-20-2020 09:12 AM)
userOCJzhHnSby
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

My S 20 + does not have a way to reorder my contacts list from first name to last name order.  My (very) old Rugby ordered the list by last name alphabetizing and it's the way I think of the list.  On trasferring the data the new S20 listed my contacts by first names.  I understand that older phones had a touch selection to change the order, but my S 20 does not.   Is this fixable or do I have to spend my time relisting my contacts reversing the names as last name in the first name slot?  If so, that is inconvenient and problematic.  As much as I paid for the phone I should be able to customize it more easily. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Give these steps a try: 

1. From a Home screen, swipe up from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
  2. Tap Contacts.
  3. Tap the Menu icon (upper-left) then tap the Settings icon (upper-right).
  4. Tap Sort by then tap one of the following:
    • First name
    • Last name
  5. Tap Name format then tap one of the following:
    • First, last
    • Last, first

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Give these steps a try: 

1. From a Home screen, swipe up from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
  2. Tap Contacts.
  3. Tap the Menu icon (upper-left) then tap the Settings icon (upper-right).
  4. Tap Sort by then tap one of the following:
    • First name
    • Last name
  5. Tap Name format then tap one of the following:
    • First, last
    • Last, first

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.