Original topic:

photo printing problem

(Topic created on: 2/13/21 5:24 AM)
userFzp2bbUfhj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
When I want to print a photo,  it shows as the only option to save as a pdf instead of taking me to my printer.  How do I change?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello @userFzp2bbUfhj 

have you added your printer to your phone? most major printer companies have apps to help you sync your phone to your printer. In most cases you have to make sure that your phone and printer are on the same wifi network.

So for me, I have my printer on my 2.4GHz wifi band, but on my phone I like to have it on the faster 5GHz band. So when I wanted to print something, I used to have to make sure my phone is connected to the 2.4Ghz band that my printer is on. 

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Similarly to what Mari_K mentioned, you'll likely need to have the app for your printer and you may have additional set-up steps depending on what model printer you're using is. I would recommend reaching out to the support team for your printer in order to see what sort of set-up is needed for this to work for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userFzp2bbUfhj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
thx. the printer is listed as supported. the problem lies in the phone to the printer. it said my ip address is wrong but everything works. I added my phone to my pc so I can go in and print a picture by saving it from my phone to the computer and then print it but that defeats the whole purpose. the last time I got a new phone I had to buy a new printer to be able to print but that shouldn't be the problem, this one prints and is Iisted
0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

did you download the app for your printer from the Google Play store? I have a HP printer, so I had to download the HP Print Service Plugin app to sync my phone to my printer, once I did that I stopped getting error messages when I tried to print documents from my phone. Most printers have  an app in the Google Play store to help sync phones to printers easier.

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
0 Likes