Original topic:

"Camera failed" error on S20 plus when using Live Focus

(Topic created on: 11/5/20 1:10 AM)
khurram07
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Guys - I am using Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5g. When i try to take picture with 'Live Focus' mode it often gives "Camera failed" error and the camera app exits. Also, I have noticed it is mostly happening when there are low lights. 

For a picture, when i was having this error with live focus mode, i tried again with flash on and it worked. I also tried taking live focus pictures in day light, it worked mostly. 

What i have already tried. 

1. Recently reset my phone to set up

2. Cleaned up cache and data for "Camera" app

3. Wiped cache partition from recovery mode after cleaning app data

4. Tried taking picture in Sade Mode

None of it worked. Looks like a software bug in Camera app while processing image. Anyone managed to solve this? Please let me know. Its terrible to have such problems in such an expensive phone. 

Attaching some images for reference. 

It failed for the same image with out flash, but worked with flash.It failed for the same image with out flash, but worked with flash.Live focus working in daylight.Live focus working in daylight.Camera FailedCamera Failed

0 Likes
7 Replies
mwb1961
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having the same issue, Samsung needs to fix this.
user5w24MBZWGz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Folks - I am utilizing Samsung World S20 In addition to 5g. At the point when I attempt to take picture with 'Live Center's mode it frequently gives "Camera fizzled" blunder and the camera application exits. Additionally, I have seen it is generally happening when there are low lights. For an image, when I was having this mistake with live center mode, I attempted again with streak on and it worked. I additionally had a go at taking live shine pictures in sunshine, it worked generally. Likewise, Live Center Video is working, it is recording video with live shine even in low lights.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

khurram07
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes, live focus video is working. While live focus picture is not. I dont know how samsung can't figure out the simple bug in app.

0 Likes
mwb1961
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I spent an hour on chat last night and Samsung could not figure out my trouble I was even working with second level. they even had me boot the phone in Safe and the camera app still failed.
khurram07
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Very strange, they should be working on the update. Camera app need this bug fixed. 

userzxrl6vcZ13
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Just got my new S20+ a few days ago and I'm having the same issue. All other camera modes work fine but Live Focus after taking the picture the camera app will fail and exit. It happens everytime I try to take a picture with Live Focus.  

0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

it should be the hardware issue when it gives you "camera failed' message.

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

they should be able to identify if its hardware issue or not. if you just got the new phone... i recommend you to replace it

0 Likes