Original topic:

randomly locking screen

(Topic created on: 1/13/21 1:40 PM)
Jeffc73OC
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
Anyone have issues with their device just randomly having the screen lock while in the middle of doing something. Like right now while writing this my screen turned off to the lock screen twice. And in the last hour like 5 times. I will be actively touching the screen. The time out is set to 1 min. It happened before updating to Android 11 but seems to be worse after the update. (My phone is a US unlocked S20 Ultra.) I'm on the T-mobile network that should not make a difference. 
6 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@Jeffc73OC Do you have a case installed? The case might be clicking the Bixby/power button just enough to engage the lock screen. 

0 Likes
Jeffc73OC
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
I do have a case, but it's the same case I've had since I bought the phone when it first came out and this is just recently this issue started happening. and I've seen it lock while playing a video and not touching the phone. (like you tube)
0 Likes
Chellybell
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm also having major issues with the phone shutting down, apps not launching, and problems unlocking the phone. Just started today. I also have the S20 5G with T-mobile.
useragMmmHW61M
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have an S20+ 4g and I have the same issue, the phone would randomly lock out 4 to 5 times a day while using the phone.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

Same exact problem, no case either

Jeffc73OC
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm surprised there's been no resution for this. or at least an explanation? maybe Samsung is aware and working on a fix but it would be nice to know that they are aware of it and are working on a fix.
0 Likes