JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

read receipt, delivery receipt, and typing status

(Topic created on: 7/24/20 9:59 PM)
stephvcn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

My husband and I have both updated our Samsung s20 ultra in the last few days. Since update we no longer can see our read, delivery receipts and typing status. We have checked both phones to ensure they are turned on. Still not functioning. How can this be resolved?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userZecg7BcUNK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have an 8 day old UNLOCKED Note 20 Ultra, 512 GB phone that is doing the exact same thing. I have delivery reports but not getting typing indications or read receipts. I called T-mobile (my carrier) and Samsung on three-way to see if I could resolve this issue.   As per the Samsung rep, read receipts are a carrier function NOT supported by unlocked phones. So if you purchased an unlocked phone from Samsung like I did (or from anyone else for that matter) this function is unfortunately not available on your thousand plus dollar phone. Pretty silly on Samsung part if you ask me. 

View solution in context

32 Replies
JoshQ
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
Go into messages, click 3 dots on the top right, select settings, more settings, click text messages, toggle on "show when delivered". Then go back once, click on multimedia messages, toggle on "show when delivered" and toggle on "Show when read". I hope this helps!

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
smashleyy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
how can I fix this on my s10e? I'm having the same issues
0 Likes
userz9tmpGuBxv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I just got my S20+ yesterday, and my friend has his S20......we used to be able to see when the other person read the messages but now it won't work for either of us.   I have tried everything I've read and nothing fixes that.  We're both TMobile and got our phones in stores as unlocked phones.  Has no one figured out why this happened and a fix that actually works???

Harrmandi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

That solution doesn't seem to work for 99% of us with this issue! Come on Samsung!

Options
Galaxy S20

The options are not there. 

@JoshQ wrote:
Go into messages, click 3 dots on the top right, select settings, more settings, click text messages, toggle on "show when delivered". Then go back once, click on multimedia messages, toggle on "show when delivered" and toggle on "Show when read". I hope this helps!

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Options
Galaxy S20
that is not what they are asking. they are asking about the chat mode rcs

my s10e jumped back n forth... example in 3 photos. red bubbles mean not rcs.

teal mean they are.

https://i.imgur.com/av6cR8Z.png
https://i.imgur.com/2XH5FMB.png
https://i.imgur.com/aTTYL52.png
userupiV0fsfmj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

You just solved this for me. The bubble containing text just started showing a different color & my read words stopped showing up! Teal is read! Have brand new s20. Thanks!

Options
Galaxy S20
the option is not there!
userlckdxh8jOK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

The options are there the problem is that you can only see read and delivery notification for multimedia messages not for regular messages. 

0 Likes