JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

read receipt, delivery receipt, and typing status

(Topic created on: 12/29/20 8:15 PM)
stephvcn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

My husband and I have both updated our Samsung s20 ultra in the last few days. Since update we no longer can see our read, delivery receipts and typing status. We have checked both phones to ensure they are turned on. Still not functioning. How can this be resolved?

latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
0 Likes
Harrmandi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Agreed! Just bought this phone and two weeks in, my advanced messaging features are not working.  Still within my 30 days and thinking I should return for a Google or Motorola.  Can't believe Samsung would let basic features remain broken!!

lindylu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
yes. there's no option
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
that must be my issue then. the carrier update
Harrmandi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
with every AT&T update the Android Advanced messaging functions stop working. This is ridiculous!
0 Likes
userO2ps5JCkvu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Nope, the only 3 choices there are "imput mode, View messages on SIM card, and Message Center"

This is a major concern.  There's no need for read receipts to be turned on as a default.  If people want to open security holes in their phones, fine, but it should be off by default.  Think of your 90 year old parents sending read receipts to scammers!  

Come on Samsung!

How do I turn this off?  After the Android 10 update, I can't find the read receipts and I lost my Google keyboard.  Can't long-hold punctuation any more.  Gotta switch to a whole new keyboard to type a question mark?  Come on!

Solution
userZecg7BcUNK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have an 8 day old UNLOCKED Note 20 Ultra, 512 GB phone that is doing the exact same thing. I have delivery reports but not getting typing indications or read receipts. I called T-mobile (my carrier) and Samsung on three-way to see if I could resolve this issue.   As per the Samsung rep, read receipts are a carrier function NOT supported by unlocked phones. So if you purchased an unlocked phone from Samsung like I did (or from anyone else for that matter) this function is unfortunately not available on your thousand plus dollar phone. Pretty silly on Samsung part if you ask me. 

View solution in context

junebug87
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
same exact phone, same carrier, same problem! smh
Options
Galaxy S20
how is that possible. my s10e is unlocked and it has the feature just perfectly. (carrier metro by t-mobile) the phone was originally with Verizon and then one update down the road. the phone registered as a metro phone and not Verizon anymore ever again.

just like my current note 2o ultra. it's a t-mobile unlocked phone but jm using jt for metro but the feature doesn't work on this phone..

want my honest opinion? ... its not that big of a deal... lol either way texts come and texts go. I don't really need to know when the other is typing :\. and the teal color was off-putting
0 Likes
userlckdxh8jOK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

It did not solved the problem because your recommendations only works for multimedia not for regular text.  Please let us know if there is any other way because I am about to return this phone to Samsung it is not cool to promote a feature that doesn't exist on the device.