Original topic:

s20 5g ultra wifi problems

(Topic created on: 12/30/20 3:52 PM)
fiinch
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
hi, I got the phone specified in the title last month and I'm having issues with the wifi connection. when I turn wifi on my phone says it's connected to my home wifi network and it'll work for a few minutes, but then it inevitably just completely stops loading anything while still saying it's connected. no notifications, messages won't go thru, I can't use any apps. it fixes itself if I turn wifi off and back on, but then a few minutes later it stops working again. this problem has been happening since I got the phone. 

I've tried wiping my network settings and turning off location services - neither solved the problem. what else can I do to avoid a full factory reset that? 
0 Likes
5 Replies
poky3210
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
did you try putting the phone into airplane mode and then taking it out sometimes that works
0 Likes
fiinch
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I mean it works in that it resets my phone's wifi connection by turning it off and then on again but a few minutes later, same problem. the goal is to not have to flip a switch every few minutes - this suggestion essentially just moves me to flipping another switch that flips that switch for me, you know?
0 Likes
Only4Galaxy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I used to face that problem, I will connect my phone to wifi and a few minutes later it dropped but it been solved after I "reset network setting"

To do that, open your setting, go to aAccount and Backup, click Reset under "Looking For Something Else" and "Reset network Settings"

After you reset your network setting you will need to enter your wifi password and other Bluetooth connections again.
0 Likes
Only4Galaxy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I repeat RESET NETWORK SETTINGS. Not something else.
0 Likes
fiinch
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
unfortunately I tried that already and it didn't fix the problem
0 Likes