cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

s20 Plus warranty registration displays rejected status in samsung members app.

My galaxy s20 Plus phone warrenty registration displays rejected status in the new Samsung members app since beginning of July 2020.  I called Samsung technical support about this beginning of july 2020.

I was  informed my phone warrenty was registered and the rejected status should be corrected within the Samsung members app, but it is still displaying with rejected status.

Samsung  indicated other s20 owners are reporting that their warrenty registration is displaying 'rejected' status.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I sent an message inquiry to Samsung's support for status and the response which took over a month  is to call technical support.

Can Samsung acknowledge that they working to have the warranty status corrected within the Samsung members app?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: s20 Plus warranty registration displays rejected status in samsung members app.

@userEG is there a concern you have other than the incorrect display? 

Being that Samsung's team is working on it, I imagine it's part of their work to come and will get resolved, but I am not sure it rates very highly on a priority scale so likely may take some time as other work gets resolved.

I am not seeing large number of reports on this in the forum and it just seems to be a UI issue. Is it causing you an inconvenience otherwise?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: s20 Plus warranty registration displays rejected status in samsung members..

It's causing me a lot of concern that if I have a issue with my phone the warranty could be denied or delayed. I only have a response from a care representative saying it should be displaying the correct status 48 hours after I called a month ago.

The App is actually instructing me in the status to call Samsung to get this resolved because something is not matching in their system.

if Samsung's team sends me a response in writing that they are working on the issue and there is no issue with my warenty registration, I would be more assured. I am not receiving acknowledgement to my follow up inquiries.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: s20 Plus warranty registration displays rejected status in samsung mem..

Follow up. I called samsung support many times about this and received a response that because I purchased my phone online that the online receipt provided does not contain all the info their system is looking for registration. This is an approved samsung retailer also. The retailer indicated samsung is aware of the information provided on online receipts is different then if purchased within the store and has been aware of that for years. The samsung technical support rep said that my warranty is registered and should be supported even though the registration remains showing rejected status in the samsung members app after uploading the reciept. I'll have to trust their verbal feedback on that since it don't appear the rejected warranty status in the members app will ever be changed. it's not a good customer experience.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: s20 Plus warranty registration displays rejected status in samsung members..

They don't have customer service to chat and assist. Samsung is saying I need to make a new samsung members account. How do I do that? Is there a samsung members app to download? Wheres the app? So disgusted. Been trying to teach customer service...no luck. I hate this samsung galaxy a20. It's been nothing but trouble. Samsung messed up all my Google accounts. I dont want samsung apps I like the way they set my phone up at the store. That means dont mess with my Google account like before. Had to take it to store and have tech reset my phone. Leave well enough alone. What's so great about new samsung members? Still no customer support, expert care! Yeah, right!

Highlighted
Supernova

Highlighted
Astronaut

I pre ordered a Samsung s20 from Amazon, been having connecting to data issues the whole time I've had it, I've done tech support with my service provider, tech support with Amazon and no resolve, they say to contact Samsung for a new sim...? hopefully this will fix my issue, it is a 5g phone that won't even connect as 3g or lte.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Same issue here. Wish we could share images so I can show screenshot. I'm on an S20. I'll call but wish we could get it taken care of without doing that.