Original topic:

s20 Ultra stuck in reboot loop and cant enter recovery mode

(Topic created: 11-07-2021 11:41 AM)
userRq5tig8xN8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have been preparing my S20 Ultra for trade in as I have received a new device. I have been deleting apps slowly, nothing major. Today I tried turning the phone on and it is stuck in a reboot loop.

I have tried booting into recovery mode but it simply wont work, just keeps rebooting with both samsung logos. I know that it is Power button plus Volume up key, release on first samsung screen.

Any ideas? I need to be able to return this device!

4 Replies
Jim4427
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
It's actually power button and volume down to enter recovery mode.
0 Likes
JoeyMammoth
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the same issue. I don't know what caused it either
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Jim4427 is correct, are you able to get it to boot into recovery mode at all? If you can, a factory reset is recommended. Please note, you'll need to sign into the phone using your Google Account information after the reset in order to finish removing any accounts as you were initially doing. Here is an article with some steps that may help: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001475/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
GratefulIntentions
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I am a Samsung/Galaxy/Team Android Girl All The Way, always will be. Having said that, I have a Galaxy S21 that I financed with Samsung in May 2021 (still under warranty) and started going into constant reboot mode for several hours every day, rendering itself unusable during those times. I require my phone for working full time from home, and attending University full-time from home, I have not found a stretch of time long enough to drive to the closest Samsung approved repair shop an hour away from the town I live in and wait while they troubleshoot all the same things I have been walked through MANY times by every Samsung Help Desk call, chat, email..error log submission etc.. that I have made to get help with the constant rebooting issue. At one point I was told it was something to do with the Google platform and I followed all the instructions to resolve that issue but the reboot loop did not stop. I have factory reset my phone more than once, I've done everything suggested and like I said I can't go several days without my phone and mail it in for troubleshooting. Even though it is still under warranty, I have not been offered a solution without causing unnecessary hardship on my part, so I tried to trade it in for a flip phone like someone else mentioned here, was denied because I don't have enough available credit for that transaction, lol. Oh boy.
0 Likes