JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

s20 ultra 8k or 4k not uploading on youtube

(Topic created: 03-24-2020 07:09 AM)
userBqzp2syQUx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

i selected 8k and uploaded to youtube its showing 1080.

i selected 4k but showing 108060

9 Replies
Almando
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

Mind sending me a link ?i know sometimes if your supported device isn't 4K/8k it won't show the resolution.

0 Likes
userBqzp2syQUx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

the device will show the resolution but it will lag.

youtube will show the options of what the resolutions are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Mo-0bB-uU

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
0 Likes
userBqzp2syQUx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

i can type on youtube 4k video and i can run them smoothly i also play high demand game on this laptop/computer am trying to view on.

seems like this hevc is the problem showing 8k on phone but 4k only if you convert it but still it dont show 4k option because if i copy the 8k video file the size is small for few second clip.  63.3mb for 7 second clip should be more lol for 8k.

in video file properties no information of resolution for 8k something is fishy

0 Likes
Almando
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

It won't lag that depends on your internet connection btw, also when did you upload it ? I'll check from my 4K Monitor for you , sometimes YouTube do take a while to process the video , it does show 1080p for me currently 

0 Likes
userBqzp2syQUx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

internet connection 400mb fiber 20 upload

high end machine.

i uploaded it 30 40 min ago

what i want is 8k video to be shown on youtube option atleast but it shown 1080.

file size is also to small.

i selected 8k option on camera.

what should happen is when recording 8k video once you upload to youtube,youtube will try and output the max resolution it can add to the video so if 8k is not supported it should cut down to 4k.

so available resolution should be shown from4k to 2k then below

0 Likes
Almando
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

As i suspected earlier and i was correct i tested it on my PC IT SHOWS 4K/8K on my pc as my monitor can display 4k but also has the 8k option on there,so you're fine 😃

0 Likes
userBqzp2syQUx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

so when you selected 8k did it show super quality sharp?

0 Likes
Solution
JoshQ
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

First of all are you watching on a 4K display? Or 8K display? If you're trying to watch on your phone the highest resolution you'll be able to watch it at is 1440p and thats assuming your resolution is set to 1440p in your display settings and not 1080p. Also if you're able to watch on an 8K monitor, you'll probably experience some lag as even wifi has a hard time handling 8K content. Also, sometime when uploading even 4K content to YouTube, it can take a while to process the video in 4K. It will show in 1080p for a while first. I know this because I post YouTube videos all the time. So if its an 8K video, it could take even longer to show up in 8K. Hope this helps. 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

userBqzp2syQUx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

i have a gaming alienware laptop 1080p screen but able to watch other peoples 4k videos on youtube and it runs smooth am just thinking why am i not seing the options when i upload my own.

yes 7 second cliip 8k 63mb shoudnt it be bigger.

ohhh wait wait now i se 8k option on same device from post1.

maybe it took long time to convert ??????????????????

youtube dont care about monitor they will still add max quality output on option the end user then selects what to use.

8k is not running smooth i can run 4k

0 Likes