Original topic:

s20 ultra apps crashing after latest android update 5-27 uninstalling system WebView does not fix

(Topic created: 06-07-2021 06:27 PM)
Members_xVvWv7r
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

hello, my s20 ultra apps are all crashing after latest android update 5-27 uninstalling system WebView and chrome does not fix the issue. Ive also cleared the cache for system WebView and chrome and done a system partition cache wipe. The camera app is the biggest crasher, video will crash every time, chrome comes in 2nd. Can someone please help its driving me insane!!! 

System software version G988U1UE2DUE1/G988U10YM2DUE1/G988U1UEU2DUE1

0 Likes
4 Replies
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
Manual reboot to safe mode... Need to know how? Then check to see if it still happens since only the native apps will be able to work in safe mode. I need a yes it still does it or a nope doesn't any more before I can tell you what to do to fix it
0 Likes
Members_xVvWv7r
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello thanks for the reply! I went ahead and rebooted in safe mode and used the camera app and it is still crashing.

0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
Native camera app or third party? First go to your permissions and deny all the apps camera access. Next go to your special access and turn off allowed to appear on top and picture and picture for what ever you don't really use that much or think should have that access. Go to change system settings and turn those all to no, no app needs that permission ever. Make sure you three dot menu in each of those to select show system apps so you can exclude those too. Check the device administrator and tell me what's selected if any. Finally, go to your defaults and tell.me your assistant app default.
0 Likes
userQaGFIU41EJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

THANK YOU!! this worked for my s21 ultra my camera wouldnt take pictures on 3x zoom camera settings & google photos would freeze up when i opened them, updates are ruining these very expensive phones. my google pixel 4 sound is so low now i can no longer use it due an update in march i think the only way to keep my phone working is never update again

0 Likes