cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

s20 ultra keeps randomly restarting

got my s20 ultra since launch. It auto restarts randomly. First i noticed it happening once or twice a day while idle and charging. Thought auto restart function so made sure its off.

Now, its becoming more frequent. About 3 or 4 times a day. Even while in use. Tried wiping cache. Nada. Tried factory resetting. Nada.

I also get errors on samsung members. Link here: https://imgur.com/a/ukICFhh

Which means its being detected as An error by the phone itself. What to do?

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: s20 ultra keeps randomly restarting

Hello,

Many of us are having similar issues. Please see this link:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20-S20-S20-Ultra/S20-Random-Restarts/td-p/1604468

Still no solution from Samsung though.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Oh wow. Thanks for the link. Been searching for any solution. Might take it to samsung service center then thanks.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue with S20+. It keeps restarting randomly when  even i am in the middle of using it.

Any solution for this? its realy annoying. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm facing the same issue; I dont think this is acceptable for the cost paid for this phone! Its hardly been 2 days since I started using it!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try testing the device is safe mode and see if the symptoms still persists.

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

If the device doesn't show any symptoms in this mode, this means a third-party may be causing this to happen. Delete any third-party apps until the restarting stops.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same here with my s20+. Also. It's exynos version. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same happening to mine. It did not happen immediately but last week or so has been happening at least once if not twice daily. I have deleted most of my 3rd party apps as they transferred across from previous phone. To put it on safe mode and test it properly would mean no internet and other fetaures for a full day or two.

Highlighted
Constellation

same thing with my one! I went to the experience store re change the previous one and new one started doing the same thing

@useraSAUvcpW3P wrote:

got my s20 ultra since launch. It auto restarts randomly. First i noticed it happening once or twice a day while idle and charging. Thought auto restart function so made sure its off.

Now, its becoming more frequent. About 3 or 4 times a day. Even while in use. Tried wiping cache. Nada. Tried factory resetting. Nada.

I also get errors on samsung members. Link here: https://imgur.com/a/ukICFhh

Which means its being detected as An error by the phone itself. What to do?

Highlighted
Constellation

That's the same issue with my S20 ultra! I even went to the shop to get an exchange and now the new one is doing the same thing!!! Why isn't @SamsungJoJo  Samsung doing anything? If you can't refund our money. We didn't buy these to get these kinds of problems while using! Ridiculous!