cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

s20 ultra

Just bought my s20 ultra and noticed that my memory was using 64% of its memory and 5.93gigs of system storage with the phone using 20gigs of data along with 463 apps installed.  Just wondering if these are normal numbers or if I should exchange this phone for a different one as att has a 14 day return policy.  Thanks 
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: s20 ultra

Normal # you can also put some apps you don't used to sleep on the battery menu under device care... Also you can put your phone on the higesht power mode will give you more ram but id you want to keep 120mhz make sure you change screen rest on the power mode other Wise will swith to higher resolution
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

There's nothing wrong with your phone. You have lots of apps, but that's your choice. you can go through your list of apps and see if they're any that you don't need period if so you can uninstall them.

also if you go to settings/device care/memory, you will see a blue switch that you can press to clean memory right away... it could be one gigabyte or maybe three gigabytes of data that it will free up when you do that. it's good to do that every few days or so.

also when you first go to settings device care, you'll see at the very bottom of blue switch that says optimize now. that's good to do every few days as well. I hope this helps you some. good luck!
Highlighted
Comet

What makes you think you have a problem?
Highlighted
Astronaut

the phone comes with 400+ apps?
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I am assuming some apps either got downloaded from your Google Play Store account or that you transferred things from a prior Samsung phone... one or the other.??? I have the s20 plus and my total apps on my phone after adding some that I choose to have is about 177.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: s20 ultra

probably from the play store...would be my guess
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

If you think you have apps you don't want on your phone, just uninstall them... as someone else said you can also choose to put apps to sleep so they're not using resources in the background. I put most of my apps to sleep or in deep sleep....
Highlighted
Astronaut

I see thank you
Highlighted
Astronaut

so most my apps are saying their system apps. which seems way too high