JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

samsung s20 fe 5g front camera blinking

(Topic created: 10-14-2020 10:22 AM)
userXfPtgWerfB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I noticed that around the front camera blinks in black. I don't know what this happens. 
24 Replies
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please elaborate on the symptoms you are experiencing so I may better assist you?

0 Likes
userXfPtgWerfB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
well wile using the phone it looks like the spot where the front camera increases and decreases randomly. is the screen that makes that effect but I don't know why.
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you been able to test your device in safe mode to see if your symptom persist? You can do so by following these steps.

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on the screen

Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode

The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

0 Likes
venkatvinod
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

this happens with me as well.. this causes the front camera to be in only one single focus no options to select... the video calling is very poor quality on the video. None of the video calling apps have clear view using front facing camera. i exchanged my phone thinking it was a faulty one.. the second one is also having the same issue. The camera enlarges from normal punch hole to a bigger puch hole automatically to 32 MP on front facing when you do video calling.. 😞 this needs a fix..heard so many people complaining about it.. this is basic stuff to have video calling well.. this is not purely becuase of internet or connectivity.. even before you do a video call the apps show the preview of the video which are very shabby no clarity at all.

userzMtp4jpYz8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
thank u for posting this, I thought something was wrong with mine..I couldn't understand why it was happening.
userNVEo8PzhQb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I took my glass protector off thanks to you and it has stopped. Thank you!!!

userVKsf3cqLjN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
thank you dude! I've dealt with that with my last phone and im on my second warranty exchange. I'm so done with this phone. I asked to downgrade to the s9 OR S10
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

user0jnZqqTCXl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am also having this issue. I did try safe mode and it still keeps blinking.

0 Likes