cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

samsung s20 fe 5g front camera blinking

I noticed that around the front camera blinks in black. I don't know what this happens. 
20 REPLIES 20
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: samsung s20 fe 5g front camera blinking

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please elaborate on the symptoms you are experiencing so I may better assist you?

Constellation

well wile using the phone it looks like the spot where the front camera increases and decreases randomly. is the screen that makes that effect but I don't know why.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you been able to test your device in safe mode to see if your symptom persist? You can do so by following these steps.

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on the screen

Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode

The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

Astronaut

this happens with me as well.. this causes the front camera to be in only one single focus no options to select... the video calling is very poor quality on the video. None of the video calling apps have clear view using front facing camera. i exchanged my phone thinking it was a faulty one.. the second one is also having the same issue. The camera enlarges from normal punch hole to a bigger puch hole automatically to 32 MP on front facing when you do video calling.. Smiley Sad this needs a fix..heard so many people complaining about it.. this is basic stuff to have video calling well.. this is not purely becuase of internet or connectivity.. even before you do a video call the apps show the preview of the video which are very shabby no clarity at all.

Astronaut

Re: Re: samsung s20 fe 5g front camera blinking

thank u for posting this, I thought something was wrong with mine..I couldn't understand why it was happening.
Constellation

I am also having this issue. I did try safe mode and it still keeps blinking.

Constellation

it's looking to see if you are watching the screen so it stays on

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you provide a screenshot of what are you looking at so I can better assist?

Does this happen to any other apps that use the front camera?

Astronaut

That makes sense! It only began happening after I changed my settings so the screen stays on while I'm looking at it. Thank you.