cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

screen discoloration

One night I noticed there was a green discoloration on the screen wherever there were Gray elements with 120 or 60hz. I've contacted t mobile and Samsung and still no solution, can anyone help?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: screen discoloration

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: screen discoloration

Yes, I have tried safe mode but no results
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Re: screen discoloration

Just to clarify, does the symptom occur when its in safe mode? Could you provide a screenshot?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

correct, safe mode does not fix it
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If after testing the device in safe mode the symptoms are still present I recommend having the device evaluated by a Samsung technician. You may take the device to your local UbreakIfix and they can usually have your device back to you within a day. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I did that a few days ago, they said the unit was defective, but then after that I got a new device from Tmobile (the phone I am using now) and the same issue is present
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The remaining option would be to send your phone in for service. Please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

screen discoloration issue

This is my 2nd time posting about this, as I still have not received a solution.I purchased a Galaxy S20 on the 11th of June. Everything was going great with the phone, however one night I noticed there was a green discoloration on the screen wherever there were Gray elements with 120 or 60hz. T-Mobile tech support suggested that I take the phone into an authorized repair dealer - this didn't fix it. tmobile made it right and sent me home with a new device when I went there after Ubreakifix. the problem was still there on the new device. I then angirly reached out on the Samsung members app, and got that a software patch was needed to fix this and was a "known issue" (I have found zero other people noticing this).