Original topic:

still waiting

(Topic created on: 1/16/21 2:01 PM)
Bwilly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
So now Samsung posts it has finished updating the S20 Ultra in December. If so why haven't I received the update? I check regularly almost every day and nothing. I am wondering when I upgraded my phone and used my old sim card could it still be recognizing it as my old phone(S9)? My phone is an unlocked version. 
0 Likes
6 Replies
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
You need to contact your carrier and ask them.
0 Likes
Bwilly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
they say since it is an unlocked phone that they do not control updates. The update is supposed to come directly from Samsung.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
What's the last update you have?
0 Likes
Bwilly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
November 1st security update.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
OK my last one is December 1st but I think there's a December 29th out that I haven't gotten yet.

You likely won't get a reply from Samsung here. You'll probably have to call them or try live chat.
0 Likes
kim0208
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
you might be thankful for not getting the Dec 29th update because in the middle of installation it burned up my bootloader and killed my 2 MTH old S20 ultra 5g that I had spent the last 2 months customizing it exactly how I wanted it. YES I change my mind alot and my wallpaper and my Icons, ringtone, notifications, light mode or dark mode, fonts, anyway let's just say I'm picky . lol it's either laugh now or cry just like I did while I was waiting for my replacement. I'm sure it was just a fluke so no nightmares please
0 Likes