Original topic:

stuck on message "Phone is starting"

(Topic created: 05-20-2022 03:56 AM)
userGETk0vRTI6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My camera kept crashing after the last update so I have to restart every time I use it. After I restarted yesterday,  I got a custom software/loader message of some sort. So I kept restarting my phone but it just looks like it is stuck on the Phone is starting message. I can't unlock my phone but I can see notifications and I see the screensaver picture. It just never moves past the message "phone is starting". I can also swipe down and go to settings although some are blocked.

I have tried booting to safe mode, clearing cache, power cycling, tried "repair apps from the bootmenu, tried tapping the side keys to make sure none were stuck after removing case...

when i boot into safemode I see the icon at the bottom of the screen but when I try to unlock, i only see the phone is starting message and it never finishes.

i20220520_054046.jpg

5 Replies
jim262
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Sounds like you've downloaded some malware/virus that starts up automatically upon rebooting. Turn off all apps that run at startup and in the background.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Always black out your build number and baseband version. This information can be used to compromise your phone. Delete and repost if i were you.
0 Likes
userBRPQmVq5nv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Kxcv3llm 4?he %!!@$" &swsh( &l
0 Likes
userBRPQmVq5nv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
V jgw4ex'@