JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

unlocked phone update lagging behind carriers

(Topic created: 12-14-2020 02:01 PM)
Mashuri
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
My wife's S20+ from AT&T has the update but my s20+ phone i bought direct from Samsung is mia no update.

Why does it take longer to update unlocked devices??
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

MikePasta
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20

In order for Samsung to release an update for unlocked phones, they have to make sure that it will work with all carriers involved, not just one. Since T-Mobile is having issues, those of us with an unlocked S20 Ultra will have to wait a bit longer.

Mashuri
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
thanks Mike .. was hoping for faster updates not slower but that makes some sense. hoping to see it soon!! I had no luck getting on the beta :(.

cheers
0 Likes
Mashuri
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
good to see the update landed today!
0 Likes