cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

updates

Hey Samsung and sprint it's August 1 st and I'm still on June 1st security level on my s20 ultra,and they're saying my software is up to date. What a joke 
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: updates

My tab s5e is still on april security update.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: updates

Tablets get quarterly updates, not monthly
Highlighted
Constellation

ikr my unlocked s20 ultra on metro by t-mobile is still on July today was the update day but still nothing
Highlighted
Sun

Updates are sent out through Carriers. Once The update is ready through Samsung, Samsung will send the update out to your carrier. Then your carrier will make the small changes that it needs to. Once your carrier is ready, they will send out the update in waves to multiple devices at a time. You can always try restarting your device to see if the update shows up in your settings. You can always also reach out to your carrier and see if they have a timeframe as to when they will be sending out the update. I hope this helps!

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

There could also be a delay with the whole merger of T-Mobile and Sprint, so patience. The S20 Ultra gets monthly updates, so you'll get the Aug update when T-Mobile pushes it out
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I got the August update on my s20 ultra 5g on tmobile
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: updates

yea I'm still waiting on metro by t-mobile update on mine which is weird same company not getting updates at the same time my wife's note 10+ is still on June same service
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Highlighted
Supernova

@userkU5NDaR0N5 @boston503 @MulanMoriarty @xrobertxjohnsonx7 

Firmware / software updates like this get rolled out in phases and depend on the phone version, lock status, etc. Some devices get updates monthly, some quarterly: https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb

Rebooting your device might help show an update, or booting into safe mode if there is a third party app issue stopping that. If you have a carrier specific device you also might reach out to their support team for an possible updates on timing and more info.

Security updates typically happen early in the month but aren't guaranteed by a certain date, after all, testing and verifying quality may take more time if an issue is found.

Since no one wants bugs in their software updates, I'd encourage you to keep checking and be patient for updates like this.

Want to check for updates now? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077582/

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation!