JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

what is this telagram stuff

(Topic created: 12-01-2020 05:37 AM)
userHIpgwhRm6t
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I keep having this telagram messenger notification show up in my history.  I dont have this app nor do I have an account with it. Does anybody else have this issue? It shows up in my browser history several times a day yes I have no idea where it is coming from. 
6 Replies
MichelleGman1979
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
What is Telegram?

Telegram is an online messaging app that works just like popular messaging apps WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger. This means that you can use it to send messages to your friends when connected to Wi-Fi or your mobile data. Telegram is cloud-based and claims that it prioritizes security and speed, making it a good alternative to other popular messaging apps. The service launched in 2013, and since then it has reached 200 million active monthly users.

Distinctive features

Founded by Russian Pavel Durov, who’s also behind Russia’s largest social network VKontakte (VK), Telegram claims to combine the speed of WhatApp with Snapchat’s ephemerality. Like WhatsApp, Telegram has also the ability to show a friend’s status online and attach and share photos, videos, location, contacts and documents.

Telegram’s distinctive feature is security. It claims that all its activities including chats, groups and media shared between participants, is encrypted. This means that they won’t be visible without being deciphered first. The app also lets you set self-destruct timers on messages and media that you share which can range from two seconds to one week through its built-in feature ‘Secret Chat’. It also offers end-to-end encryption, leaving no trace on Telegram’s servers.

There’s also the ability to check the security of your ‘Secret Chats’ using an image that serves as an encryption key. By comparing your encryption key to a friend’s, you can effectively verify that your conversation is secure and less vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.

0 Likes
userHIpgwhRm6t
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
yes I understand that. but I have never used it or heard of it yet its being used daily from my device. I cant figure out why or how. wasn't sure if it's linked to another app I use daily.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Perhaps a 3rd party app which you installed is causing it. 

0 Likes
userHIpgwhRm6t
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I use 3 to 4 apps a day that I have been using since I got the phone. it only shows up i believe in my Samsung browser. Not my regular Internet web browser. it started in the last month.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@userHIpgwhRm6t wrote:
I use 3 to 4 apps a day that I have been using since I got the phone. it only shows up i believe in my Samsung browser. Not my regular Internet web browser. it started in the last month.

It only takes one app. And sometimes apps get updates that turn them from the safe app that you originally downloaded into a tool for nefarious purposes. 

You will probably need to look at the details of the "telagram messenger notification show up in my history" to get more clues on it's origination. 

plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

samsung will be able to tell you why you are getting the notification and how to remove it

0 Likes