Original topic:

why my unlocked S20+ not getting security updates directly from Samsung

(Topic created on: 10/15/20 6:11 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20
why my unlocked S20+ not getting security updates directly from Samsung. My last sep security updates sent by ATT. That time I was with ATT and switched to diff carrier now. Still no updates for October 2020. Idea of buying unlocked is to get updates from Samsung not from carrier. Anyone having this issue. 
16 Replies
Hamzer11
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Same issue for unlocked Fold2, still on August security patch. Crazy to spend this kind of money and not get updates
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20
r u for real
0 Likes
Hamzer11
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Yup, unlocked Fold 2, Tmobile SIM
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20
whats going on. and what kind of phone you have..just asking
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20
s20 plus samsung unlocked
0 Likes
salahmufeed
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
same here I have the galaxy s20 ultra unlocked
0 Likes
usertneBDHrLDX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
this is what Samsung gave to me to do. I was having a hard time with the note20 ultra. I noticed the word updates on this procedure. not even sure if it worked.

Can you try these steps please: Turn off the device. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition. Press Power key to select. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted. Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
usertneBDHrLDX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
this is what Samsung gave to me to do. I was having a hard time with the note20 ultra. I noticed the word updates on this procedure. not even sure if it worked.

Can you try these steps please: Turn off the device. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition. Press Power key to select. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted. Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20
I have done that. no luck.
0 Likes