JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem with Galaxy s20 ultra wireless charging.

(Topic created: 10-18-2020 05:43 PM)
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have a galaxy S20 ultra and having a problem with it charging wireless in my wireless car charger. At first I thought the charger might be defective or uncompatible with the phone. The charger works fine with my wife's S20+ but not the ultra. Also it works fine when I use both my wireless charger at home. The problem is it would charge then pause then charge then pause every 2 second. I tried turning fast wireless charging off and it still didn't change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

127 Replies
SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
I did that 2 weeks ago.😔
usert8NLcck6eo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Stay tuned, either they stuffed the update or they did it on purpose to weed out generic chargers.

0 Likes
SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
but I bought my charger from Samsung. the UV sanitizer / wireless charger
0 Likes
SCA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I just spoke to a Samsung support associate and he said he filed a report for the developer to report. I cannot receive any direct comments from developer though. Hope they accept and fix it soon. Mine is S20 and started having problem since October security patch.
0 Likes
userkLnFgHxopS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Got the wireless charging issue after the October update.. anyone have a fix for it yet.. fast charges, pauses, charges slow speed pauses etc.. 
0 Likes
nabillion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having the same issue with my s20 FE, while my note 8 charges fine.
usercklPaTm3ct
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here with my S20+. Mine was starting and stopping every few seconds, I moved the phone on the pad and it was okay temporarily. Started again and so I restarted the phone which again solved it but no tfor long.

Updated this morning and now it's stopped altogether. Samsung, you need to get on this ASAP because this is clearly something you've caused.

0 Likes
usermvQfKUx4VO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue here, charging keep on cutting off every 3 seconds with the S20 Ultra. Charger works well 100% with iPhone. 

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you been able to try any of the previously mentioned troubleshooting steps in the thread?

0 Likes