Original topic:

5g data not working

(Topic created: 08-09-2022 01:27 PM)
Tankerz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I just switched to tello,I bought my phone unlocked from Samsung like I always do.I used it on verizon up until now. Tello is on the t-mobil network which sopossed to have awesome 5g coverage. Tello support told me to put the network status in 4g 3g lte which I  did the data works  but when I switch it to 5g,4g,3g,lte nothing. I get the 5g up in the corner but no data connection. Tello tild me it is due to last months update. That Samsung is fixing the issue when this months update rolls out. Is this true or is it something else all together thanks Stephen 
6 Replies
Rob_7904
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the Galaxy S21+ 5G on Metro (T-Mobile network) and 5G works but isn't connected as often before installing the July security patch.

I used to have 5G connection 99.99% of the time. It's more like 20% of the time now
Tankerz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes but my 4g lte work fine
0 Likes
Rob_7904
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Mine does as well.
User322
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have a Samsung A72 and with T-mobile, and after latest update in July, I stopped receiving calls. When someone calls me, the 4G network bars gets disappeared.. I am able to call others, but not able to receive calls. Does anyone has same issues ? Is that because of software updates from Samsung? Any info will be helpful!
0 Likes
Tankerz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thats what tello informed me it was the Update must only be gsm side cause I was with verizon last week cdma & e erything worked just fine. I switched cause tello is only 29 bucks for unlimited everything well u get 25 gbs before it slows down I hope they fis it or im switchin back
0 Likes
Tankerz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
You know what I did? I went to a t mobil store they told me they couldn't help me with issues on there network cause it's service from tello .I said f<"k this .went back to Verizon Prepaid 50 dollar plan auto pay 45 after 3 payments 40 after 9th month 35. That's where I was when I switched he'd to save 7 bucks. What a nightmare. Put my sim in today they had my number already ported over everything works so awesome phone so clear. 5g works awesome.
0 Likes