Original topic:

After resetting my phone, I cannot use Samsung apps and touchscreen having issues

(Topic created: 01-08-2023 06:30 PM)
Kimberlysing40
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I desperately need help with my S21ultra phone. I was made for factory reset by my carrier,after troubleshooting. Now I can't get the new update or edge panels or just about anything Samsung. Nothing works right. My touch s reen included. What to do? Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

0 Likes
9 Replies
The_Chief
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Once a phone is factory reset, you are starting over with the device in out-of-the-box condition. You need to log into your Samsung & Google accounts, as well as other accounts you had. Hopefully you had all your photos, videos and other personal data backed up because it's all gone. If your carrier told you to factory reset the device (they almost always do, even when it would not resolve the problem), then your carrier needs to guide you through the process of setting it up again.
Kimberlysing40
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you The_Chief,
Yes everything was backed up that I could get backed up. Problem is. My phone didn't come back like it was pit of the box. For example, my edge screen is gone and not able to replace. My carrier apps are on my phone but acting like it's a different phone. Everything it says, when I sign into my account that I'm covered under certain things, like call filter,digital security, cloud,etc. I've signed into Google, and Samsung. Not all Samsung is expected my passwords or other apps haven't either. The last update, says it has been done, but says not applied. Because it wa applied before the factory update. So thinks this is a different phone. It erased all updates etc. Won't download or redo any recent updates. My carrier has done this to me this is the 3rd time. With the factory reset. Replaced the phone twice. With a refurbished one. When I had just bought a brand new one. So never got to enjoy the new one. It was a manufacturer defect. According to Samsung. No mind still had to pay the $100. Fee for insurance to replace. Twice now. Just don't wint to have fo do this again.
Originally it was the touch screen and keyboard that was delaying or not working.( This time. )
The fingerprint function has not worked. And for some reason it keeps thinking I'm on an IPhone.
So I've lost some screens also after this factory reset.
0 Likes
The_Chief
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I hate this for you. If you bought a brand new phone and carrier tech support told you to factory reset it; and the factory reset made it worse to the point that it's not even usable; I would say don't settle for anything but a new phone to replace it. I don't know what carrier you have but this is why I only buy new phones directly from Samsung, unlocked. I don't want the carrier bloat, and I definitely don't want carrier tech support messing with my stuff.
Kimberlysing40
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I agree, I fought with them and argued with them about this same fact. But since they carry the warranty with a different company they would not do anything. Sad point is they even had Samsung in the line that troubleshoot my 1st phone and they said it was a manufacturer defect. It was marked on my account. But I still had to pay the deductible and got a refurbished phone. Not in a box. Not with anything thY comes with the phone. QST thing that comes up is some kind of key I needed to prove it was a legit phone. Of course it comes on the box, that I didn't get. The while time I'm thinking ..whatever reason the person sent this phone in, is still wring with the phone. Because it was whe it 1st came out. I will never buy through the carrier again. I can promise that. It was my husband that had done this. Because we had been with this carrier for years he felt like he was getting a better deal. Some men just won't listen to their wives He's still paying payments. Still owes $445.32. 2 phones and $200 later. Lol
0 Likes
AliWright
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
The chief is right...but,just maybe(although, like chief said,your phone is like new now)..you can go to notifications and check to see if you missed any. It will show you missed notifications.
Just not sure after reset.
0 Likes
Kimberlysing40
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Allwrigjt, I have hacked for updates. It says it is all up to date. Since it was sent to and applied right before this all happened. If you look down from that under a different heading. It says no updated were applied.
The other tunes I could re-update my phone. Since it had been st back and erased to the factory setting. So all the updates we have gotten last year. Especially the security a d the one we just got are not on here.
Also doesn't want to accept my new passwords or auto fill.
When I'm trying to look at something on the web. I'm having trouble swiping the screen. It wither won't swipe or pauses.
It's not my fingers, my husband tried also. I also don't have As many screens as before. It's like a different phone all together.
AliWright
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Oh no! That's terrible..so sorry..is this from first upgrading to 13?
I haven't received yey..but alot of ppl seem to be having problems.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

First, the update history was wiped during the factory reset so nothing will show there until you get another update.  What is the date of the security update? 

If you think the phone did not reset as it should, I would Factory Reset it again.  Initially I would not restore the backup.  I would see how it runs in the Factory fresh configuration and then if you're satisfied, restore the backups then. 

For Autofill to work, you need to select your password manager.  Search for password in your settings. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello @Kimberlysing40, We understand how frustrating it is when your phone is not functioning properly. 

We agree with @bill-e, we recommend doing another factory reset without restoring from a backup. Test the phone and if it is working correctly, install the apps one-by-one to make sure they are not causing any concerns.

We also recommend clearing the cache partition of the phone and repairing the apps through the recovery menu. 

To get to recovery mode: 
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously 
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET) 
- Use power button to select. 
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart. 
If the issues persist, we recommend having the phone evaluated by an authorized service location. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.
For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html