Original topic:

Alarm stopped telling news and time when going off.

(Topic created: 02-19-2024 01:37 PM)
Members_GcrbDDd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

For about a week now my daily alarms I have had set for years suddenly stopped giving the news brief by Google. I went into clock settings and when I select Bixby for the alarm there are no further options, I don't see Google assistant in the clock enter Alam settings. Anyone know if it's possible to get news and time/alarm name spoken when the alarm goes off again?

8 Replies
JCS81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I made new alarms and flipped the setting switches for Bixby news off and on, and mine work now
0 Likes
JCS81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
This is where i found the toggle for bixby alarms in the clock app.
Clock settings < Alarm < Include news in Bixby alarm.
It should be above the upcoming alarm notification setting
0 Likes
Members_GcrbDDd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Seems my toggle has toggled off the screen, poof it's gone, bummer 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
It's under the clock app settings, not the individual alarm settings where it used to be.

I wish they would make it cleaner when they move settings around like this. I was starting to question my own sanity - was it ever really there or did I dream it?1708617467990.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
There used to be a toggle in the Bixby alarm settings to allow you to choose whether or not you want it to read the news headlines. I can't find this toggle anymore. Maybe the feature has been removed.
Members_GcrbDDd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Same with mine, can't find the toggle but I also don't find anything about it searching around online, is it such an unused feature that out of millions I'm the only loser who misses it? Lol

0 Likes
Members_ggCJOa3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Service went out again 

0 Likes
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Odd.  I never encoutered any issue with Bixby Alarm.  I use about 4 alarms a day during the week.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes