Original topic:

All media pausing randomly while connected to BT

(Topic created: 10-22-2021 10:45 AM)
user7xMq2B5b1w
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Any media I listen to/watch pauses randomly when it's playing through a BT device. I've tried 3 different earphones and the radio in my truck. It will pause every 1-5 minutes. It does it with Samsung Internet, Prime Video, Netflix, and YouTube Music. There's no pausing when I'm listening through the phone speakers or when I cast YouTube Music to my google home. It's started after I updated my phone software on 10/17/21. I've tried forgetting all BT devices and reconnecting them, power cycling my phone, and turning battery optimization off on streaming apps and the internet app. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

10 Replies
CalderCay
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I've read posts over in the beta forum, about folks with this issue.

Unfortunately, no resolution for them yet.
And keep in my mind, they're on the A12. 4 beta, so probably have an underlying OS issue 👍
0 Likes
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
What is most likely happening is that the phone is putting the media app to sleep when the screen times out to save power.

Two ways to fix it.

1. From the navigation bar, open your recent apps and tap the icon of the media app and then tap 'Keep open'.

2. Go to settings, search 'Never sleeping apps' and ensure your media apps are listed there.
0 Likes
ats621
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

not the issue.  I tried that and even had Samsung reinstall the software.  It didn't fix it.  I have the Flip 3 5G.  Samsung is ignoring this problem.

usertKUdjlMLDk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I am having the same issue.  I can't tell if it is related to distance from the BT device or not.  Regardless, things that worked previously no longer work.  Things get paused randomly no matter the app or bluetooth device.

0 Likes
user7xMq2B5b1w
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
One more interesting thing I've noticed is that I use a Dexcom G6 continuous glucose monitor (CGM). It transmits glucose readings to my phone, via a bluetooth connection, every 5 minutes. Each time I receive a new reading from my CGM, that's when my media pauses.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Two things I would try.

First, if one of those apps is available when you're in Safe Mode, try that.

Next, try it on a 4g connection.  There was a similar issue back when the S21 was released and it was related to 5G. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
dbc1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

This issue is happening on many Samsung devices ever since the October update.  It never happened before.

Please fix.  Allowing the media app to "not be put to sleep" does not fix the problem.

Many people are reporting the Roku app as the culprit.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-Phones/Media-Pauses-Randomly/td-p/2065982

Please try... I will update this post if I see a difference.

0 Likes
dbc1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I can verify that deleting the Roku app has fixed this problem for me.  Media playback no longer randomly pauses on Bluetooth.  Please blacklist the Roku app on Samsung devices.

0 Likes
user7xMq2B5b1w
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Starting Monday November 15th, my phone is no longer pausing randomly. I didn't do anything to my phone. It just decided that it was going to work like it should again.
0 Likes