JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

All pictures were deleted

(Topic created: 04-22-2021 07:36 AM)
CyberScan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi everyone, all my pictures were deleted from my Galaxy S21 Ultra. Pictures are not in the trash. Does anyone know how to recover the photos?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Check the Play Store, here's one I found with a search: Dumpster - Recover Deleted Photos & Video Recovery

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

11 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Did you configure your Gallery backup to recover space on the phone?  If so the pictures would have been copied to your cloud storage and deleted from the phone.  Check there.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
CyberScan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am really not sure. Where can I check the cloud storage?
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Check OneDrive but you would have had to set it up first.

Bill
---
0 Likes
CyberScan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Apparently there is not backup in Samsung Cloud and Google drive.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I have so many backups of my photo's it's crazy.  From my phone every pic is backed up on One Drive, My Cloud (personal NAS), Monument (Personal Cloud) Google Photo's and Amazon Prime Photos.

Certainly overkill for what I do with the phone but I also have a growing collection (100k) of DSLR photo's which also get backed up to the same places.

Virtually anything else can be replaced or done without, but not photo's of loved ones.

Bill
---
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

So normally with Samsung there would have been a backup to the Samsung Cloud but with it being shutdown, I don't know if you had a Samsung account in the past if it was still active or already shut down with the S21.  When I got my S21 I immediately set up OneDrive so all my photo's go there....it's the new Samsung Cloud.

What do you think happened?  Did you Factory Reset?

Bill
---
0 Likes
CyberScan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I think I deleted all my pics folders by mistake. There are not files more than 30 days in the trash
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Thant stinks, sorry.  Now set up OneDrive and you get 5 gb of free storage.

Bill
---
0 Likes
CyberScan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Is there any progam/app to recover deleted files (pics)
0 Likes