Original topic:

Android 12 update

(Topic created: 12-02-2021 08:55 AM)
userGtgw0ROQ3E
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Why does Samsung insist in "improving" things that were working fine already?
After the recent update to Snow Cone/Android 12/OneUI4, I'm seeing some issues/annoyances.

1. The text in notifications is a bit small. Yes, this can be adjusted with the overall zoom and font size, but that changes everything. Right now, the only thing that's smaller than it should be is the notifications. Everything else is as it was and looks normal (I've tried changing the zoom and text size up and down in order to reset, as suggested in a few places)

I see a bunch of annoyances with the gallery app and sharing:

2. Where is the option to ALWAYS remove location from shared images? I recall this being an option before. I see there's an annoying/obscure way to do it per image (see screenshots), but I can't find an overall option to always remove location tags when sharing.

3. Where's the option to convert shared images from HEIF to jpg? Wasn't this an option before? Is this being done automatically now? What if someone wants to share HEIF images? 

4. What about the options for HDR/HEVC videos? Seems there was previously an option for converting these, as well. There's an option in Quick Share for videos, but...wouldn't that only apply to items shared through Quick Share?

5. Videos used to loop play. This was removed (before android 12). Why not give users an option for this? Many people would like to have this for an option, myself included.

5. The new share panel has positives and negatives. Quick share being permanently stuck in the first spot is stupid. Stop trying to make us use things that you (Samsung) think are cool. I will be seeing if disabling the Quick share package gets rid of this. When there are only 5 spots, each one is important

6. Why is it not possible to swipe up on this to see all of your apps? This sideways scroll and then the button to see more is just...bad. It was much simpler and intuitive before, with the swiping up. It's even more confusing as this current share panel looks like you can swipe it up, just like before. 

userGtgw0ROQ3E_0-1638463670770.jpeg

To remove location you must click the little More> after which this pops up:

userGtgw0ROQ3E_1-1638463670777.jpeg

If anyone sees options that I'm missing somewhere, please let me know.

3 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Very valid points. Only option I found is I know convert HEIF toggle is hidden in gallery labs. You can enable it if you go to about and tap on version number a bunch of times.

The remove location data there is an also option for it in Samsung messages as well.

For the quick share I would recommend you edit the apps. The option is on the far right. The swipe up feature would be better I agree. At least if you edit the favorite apps you frequently share too it's better than the random list of apps it randomly chooses every time you try to share something.
userGtgw0ROQ3E
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Oohh, I didn't know about Gallery labs - thanks!

I was aware of the location removal option in the Samsung SMS app. I thought about mentioning that, but that doesn't help when sharing images everywhere else

I did edit the favorite apps. I think that is a good feature. That's the positive that I was intending to mention. I guess I was just caught up in my negative rant too much and forgot to list it.
Editing that list does not allow removal of the quick share though.

userGtgw0ROQ3E
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

For anyone who finds this post and may be wondering: disabling the Quick Share app will remove the button from that share panel. This is something that must be done from ADB (package name is com.samsung.android.app.sharelive).

userGtgw0ROQ3E_0-1638471063317.jpeg

0 Likes