Original topic:

Android Auto Crashing- Screen Unlock

(Topic created: 07-10-2021 02:05 PM)
user2EB1n2vgmr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My wife and I have S21 Ultras.

For months many of us have been experiencing a crash when we unlock our Samsung phones as we are connected to Android Auto. The Android Auto team told us a fix was on the way as they had worked with Samsung and a fix was going to be part of the July Security update.

Well many of us got the new July Update, and surprise! It doesn't work we still crash. At this point it is ridiculous. Outside customizing my phone's main screen and side loading apps Android is losing it's identity. All we ask for is software, that is developed by Google and Samsung, to work across all Android/Samsung devices. I have never been a fan of iPhone but if they release a phone with a 120hz screen I may call it a wrap and move over if Android Auto isn't fixed. 

Having solid navigation is essential in bigger cities and when traveling. Having Android Auto Crash because your spouse unlocks your device to reply to message is unusable. Support your software properly Samsung and actually work with Google to fix it. It's not just their problem it's also yours. If we cannot use a key feature many people won't jump ship to Pixel devices, they'll go to Apple instead. Which means we aren't in your ecosystem anymore.

P.S. Don't respond about "trying different cables" a majority of us have tried a plethora of different cables. My wife has a S21 Ultra that hasn't been updated in a while, her Android Auto works without fail. My updated device does only works so long as the screen is locked. Clear cache, uninstall, reinstall, disable battery optimization, and you name it has been done. One you get a May update it borks it. Can confirm with my wife's un-updated s21 ultra.

5 Replies
Ballykelly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So annoying that this doesn't work! Unacceptable. Furious.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
I am in the same boat s20 FE Verizon version. Worked fine in May 2021, then June 21 security update hits and what big old tuurd to I get ? The problem that has been plaguing everyone else.

That bug was acknowledged by someone from Samsung on the Google forums June 13. I got the update on the 18, Samsung could have halted it, but in their infinity stupidity they pushed a known bug on users. July update did not fix the issue either. As usual there are nothing but crickets from Samsung.

God forbid they issue an emergency patch, they rather let users suffer through their developers blunders.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Re: May Update Breaks Android Auto - Samsung Community - 1873442

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
LarryR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have a Note 20 Ultra 5G and just got the UI update (still August 2021 patch level). Android auto seems to work now when I unlock phone. No more crash.
0 Likes
Tyby
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

S10+ August '21 update seems to fix the issue. Will monitor.

0 Likes