Original topic:

Annoying Samsung Updates

(Topic created: 11-26-2021 02:00 PM)
user4PRQGkIQG5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

And now comes an update to the A21. It's always about how wonderful, how easy, how good looking, how great the update will be. The ONLY 'update' I was interested in was for Samsung to bring back the 'Smart Alert' application where the phone would vibrate when picked up if there was a message waiting. Nope, Samsung can't seem to do that but can find the time to create useless changes to what the screen looks like. As usual, any updates will cause other applications to require resetting. GIANT waste of my time to accommodate someone at Samsung to engage in their own personal font fetish. YOU might like it but I like what I had. Simply,,, STOP. Try putting back Smart Alert which is something this customers wants. I don't want YOU changing what I had for colors, designs, sizes or fonts. STOP! Samsung is making it most difficult to remain a loyal customer. STOP! Complain on Face Book and a robot sends you here. Lame.

0 Likes
10 Replies
userX0xNzV0Cs2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Sorry I guess? They gotta at least explore new things new features,newer security,etc. They do what they want if they keep doing the same thing while others change they fail either way
0 Likes
user4PRQGkIQG5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Security issues should always be addressed. Other 'features' should go to crowd Beta for testing. Simply changing a color scheme or font style is not really updating. It's doing what the code writer likes. Alerts were nice IMO. Taking them away was an error IMO... but then Samsung never really did care about singular customer opinions.

0 Likes
userX0xNzV0Cs2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Gotcha I agree samsung should start focusing on the actual opinions and test out new features more so that they aren't buggy
userX0xNzV0Cs2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I understand about the updates
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Hmmm. Mine vibrates on pickup
0 Likes
user4PRQGkIQG5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

A21? In your Settings/Advanced Features do you have a Smart Alert app to turn on and off?

0 Likes
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Sorry, S21 here ... this *is* the S21 forum ✌️
.Screenshot_20211126-181009_Settings-01_15649_1637971956.jpg
0 Likes
user4PRQGkIQG5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Yeah, I saw that. From my original post "And now comes an update to the A21." Unfortunately, Samsung does not provide a specific A21 forum. However, Samsung CS told me the S21 forum would work. Seems that advice is like their update... flawed.

0 Likes
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
I thought the 'A' was mis-typed 👍

Strange ... I think the "Canada" Samsung Community has an "A series" forum section
.Screenshot_20211126-184552_Brave-01_15651_1637973993.jpg
0 Likes