Original topic:

Anyone else really miss MicroSD?

(Topic created: 08-10-2022 12:17 AM)
tobankhot
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Really missing my old MicroSD card after having to flash and reset my phone due to the Verizon intermittent call quality update debacle. Luckily I had most of my photos backed up but I lost some videos. Also doesn't help that Google photos got rid of their free tier just as Samsung got rid of the MicroSD. https://omegle.onl/ https://vshare.onl/

9 Replies
Zlib
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Never understood why the 22 series didn't have a slot for it, and was especially surprised at my S22 ultra not having any conventional expandable space despite being a flagship camera and basically handheld computer. You'd figure they'd make it simpler on the consumer there. MicroSD is still very necessary IMO.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
They could put it in place of the sim, because you can convert your nano sim card into a virtual or e-sim like I did, which of course proves to be fatal as it can't be re-provisioned?! Does anyone know if this is true, and if so why can't they be re-purposed after opting-in for the digital version? My point being, now you've e-simmed-up, there's this empty tray doing nothing(can't leave the corpse of your former sim card in it) unless repetitive, sick-annoying notifications is your jam?! I got an non-original idea for you Sammy...how 'bout lets retro-fit this **bleep** for a micro sd card (no need to petition them after all)?!

The reason I opted-in for the e-sim, is my handset before (Pixel 6 Pro Unlocked) ran hot alot while working with A-13 Beta, and I guess I "glazed" a couple sim cards in the making, resulting in almost everything that could go wrong connectivity-wise happen at random or worse, all incoming go to v-mail, crappy or no-call quality/clarity, and causing my 5G service to abruptly end! smh
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Not yet. I'm still using my s20 Ultra that has one.
Zlib
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Understandable.
0 Likes
Jacobbbb
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Never missed it.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Micro who?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
YYyyEEeeSSss!!!! I bought a Samsung 512gb micro sd card(not on sale either) before receiving
my Note 20 Ultra Unlocked a year or so ago, and now can't use with my S22 Ultra?! From what I'm reading, Samsung is done with Micro Sd's for their mobile handsets, but will continue them for a bit with tablets and such?! That sux, for sure, but not alot of choices out there are using them it seems. A petition may have to be the way to get Samsung to listen to us and bring back the micro SD card?! es
(my S22 Ultra is a 512gb, Unlocked model however)!
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, cannot believe they added 8K video recording, but still limited to local storage which is barely good for an hour or two on any phone.

0 Likes
userQP7vvFQ3wq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I wish S21 had SD card slot...

But Alasss! the advancement in technology. We should accept it

0 Likes