Original topic:

App drawer swipe stutter

(Topic created on: 4/24/21 3:28 PM)
userjYYeVqOUA9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I tried 2x S21 ultra device and only my device has this animation lag while scrolling the home screen apps, left and right swipe I can notice the transition is not smooth like it should. It happens randomly but it is there. What could cause that jittery scrolling? I tested the device with major benchmarks apps and everything is normal. Could be a faulty screen? I am experiencing some jittery too while scrolling through apps with picture like instagram if I do a one touch finger swipe, at the end of the swipe the screen stops is not smooth, it will make like shakes at the end. it is also random and can't every time reproduce it. I tried with factory reset and it is same, also nothing is installed in the accessibility.

Anyone noticed that laggy movement in the app drawer when swiping slowly ?

I am not sure if the video will show what I mean as it is capped to 60FPS.

At 60Hz mode I don't notice this transition lags when scrolling.

https://youtu.be/S8qJOu8FTHs

3 Replies
userjYYeVqOUA9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I want to add that using different launcher doesn't have any stutter, so maybe it is one UI Home launcher problem? Can someone please confirm? My device is snapdragon variant.

Here is the same video with Microsoft launcher and it is much smoother.

https://youtu.be/rXVlEJtnz5E

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

have you tried it in the safe mode? 

submit an error report via samsung members app if you think it's a bug with one ui home

0 Likes
userjYYeVqOUA9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

The same jittery effect happens in safe mode too. 

BTW I tried the Home UP addon that come with good lock and reducing the blur effect for the app drawer to 0% eliminates the jitter, so I guess it is bug, not every one will notice it as the swipe have to be slow to notice the jitter.

With nova/ microsoft launcher that jittering doesn't happen when swiping the app drawer even with 100% blur effect.

weird that my S20 plus doesn't have that jitter so I am not sure what's wrong.

0 Likes