JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

App provided sounds not working for notifications

(Topic created: 10-27-2021 10:39 AM)
Knrie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
On my previous Galaxy phone apps and games automatically played their own notifications sounds, and when going to the app notification settings the notification sound was set to "app provided sound." On my Galaxy S21 Ultra everything is set to the default Samsung notification sound, I'm able to change each one but there's no option for the app's provided sounds. All of the apps have permissions set to allowed on storage and media, is there something else I can do to find and turn on app provided sounds? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Zaqui
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app or apps. This happened for me with Snapchat. It was set to the default notification sound, and when I reinstalled it, it went back to the "app provided sound"

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Zaqui
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app or apps. This happened for me with Snapchat. It was set to the default notification sound, and when I reinstalled it, it went back to the "app provided sound"
Knrie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks, I'll give it a try but it's ALL of my apps, some with storage heavy games 😩 if it works with the smaller ones I'm gonna cry having reinstall everything lol
Zaqui
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Did you recently switch to the ultra from another phone? Sometimes with smart switch it can do that to notifications, or at least in my experience it has. And really hope that works, and nooo that's **bleep** that's it's all of your apps 😭 I'm so sorry
Knrie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes I only got this phone last week and used smart switch. Reinstalling a few of my games is gonna take up my evening 🤣