JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Apps and OS crashing constantly, only way to fix is a restart

(Topic created: 04-07-2021 03:46 PM)
userxRVBniirHq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have been a long time Galaxy user. I have recently upgrade from a Samsung Galaxy S9 + to a Galaxy S21 Ultra with 512 GB of memory. I preordered this phone and almost from day one apps and the OS have been crashing daily. I used the Samsung utility to transfer my apps and contacts and all the reset of the information over to this new phone. I can be on a phone call and the phone will just stall and restart on it's own. I can be doing something on the phone at it will suddenly stall and the Verizon start up screen will show up telling me that it has pretty much just restarted again on it's own and the OS has crashed.  I know it is not a resource problem because this phone is a beast as far as resources. The only thing I have found that fixes the issue temporarily is manually restarting the phone. I do not think it is an app problem because if I go into App History pretty much every app I use on the phone crashes sometimes multiple times a day. I have checked the google webview problem and everything is up to date. My apps I religiously keep up to day everyday hoping that something with fix this problem. The OS is up to date also. I had none of these problems with my S9 Plus. I wish I could attach a screenshot of my App history screen the number of application crashes is sad, and it is pretty much every app I use. I honestly think this is an OS or hardware issue, or maybe the OS doesn't like the hardware currently. It needs to get patched soon. I have a tech background person so I am pretty tech savy, so I know basic troubleshooting. 

6 Replies
CREM72
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
It sounds like a faulty data transfer. Turn the phone off and boot up into safe mode. Safe mode will only load necessary apps for the phone to work. If the problem persist then it's probably hardware related and you want to contact Samsung. If the problem disappears in safe mode then it's software related therefore do a factory reset but do not restore the phone from backup, you will need to install the apps 1 by 1 otherwise you could reintroduce the random reboots.
0 Likes
userAd74NTLRrl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I am currently dealing with this too. I spoke with Samsung and they were pretty useless. They said...Send the phone in, then we will let you know, what we find! Really? Are you kidding me. I ended up driving to (Ubreakifix), a location, that they recommended. UB, connected to Samsung, went through the process, and told me to see if that works. Well, it didn't. The phone will randomly freeze and reboot itself several times a day. I contacted Verizon, and they are sending me another phone. Hopefully, this one works. I wish you luck dealing with Samsung, as my experience was frustrating and that is being kind...
0 Likes
sethomas1975
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Having similar problems and it all started with the webview issue. I have factory reset 3 times and my apps not only still freeze,but my phone restarts and sometimes gets stuck in bootloop. Don't have time to send in my phone and wait weeks for Samsung to look into it. Was really hoping someone found an answer already.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend a software re-flash. As you are wish to not ship your device in for service, I would recommend backing up all of your data and taking your device to your local UbreakIfix, which is a Samsung Authorized walk-in service center: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix

If you wish to ship your device in for service. Please feel free to reach out to us directly via one of the following options and include a link to this thread.
1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport

2. Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513

3. Or you can use the following link below to request service. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

4. Private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

sethomas1975
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Made an appointment for Friday.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.