Original topic:

Apps auto-update not working even option is enabled

(Topic created: 04-27-2022 04:11 PM)
userE2dZvmI71z
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi all,

I don't know why but my Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G never has auto-updated any apps even with auto-option  enabled in Google Play and Galaxy Store. Anyone knows what could be the reason for this? Is it something else could be preventing from auto-update?

I got this phone on April 2021 from Samsung online.

Here are some screenshoot of my configuration and system info.:

Screenshot_20220428-070309_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220428-065253_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20220428-065315_Galaxy Store.jpg

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
The one thing I noticed is that you have auto-updates as WiFi Only. You may want to change that to "over any network" and verify whether or not that does the trick.

Personally I never use auto-updates due to the fact I want to know and keep track of what apps are being updated. While I now have an S22 Ultra my wife took my S21 Ultra I grabbed last May.

After years of updating her devices for her it's getting old so I now have her S21 Ultra set to auto-update. It worked well with her S20 but I can't say how well it's performing on the S21 Ultra. She's still customizing it and installing or uninstalling apps.

I'll keep track of it and update this post when I have a more substantive information to relay.
0 Likes
mainard
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It could be due to you having data and wifi on at the same time and you have it set for wifi only
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

have you tried logging out of the account and back in?

updates may run into issues due to connection error with the server.

Additionally, you can try booting to recovery mode to clear cache partition.

If none of those worked then report the issue to samsung members app > get help > error report.

0 Likes