Original topic:

Apps crashing

(Topic created: 11-17-2021 11:00 AM)
uservBwtC9Vwua
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
After this most recent updates my apps like outlook and Gmail are closing or not even opening. Is anyone having this problem? 
5 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Hey there, I hope you're doing well.

I am not facing the issue but we can still try to troubleshoot this. Have you tried checking Google Play for app updates?

Also, you can try clearing the app cache for both of these. Go to: Settings>Apps>Gmail (or Outlook)>Storage>Clear Cache. Then relaunch the app and see if that helps.

You can also try wiping your system cache. To do so, follow these steps:
Turn off the device.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.

When the Android logo displays, release both keys.

An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.

Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.

Press Side key to select.Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.

When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Side key to restart the device.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I've read a couple other posts about this same issue
0 Likes
xxmartinezxx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I have a problem to Google Gmail keeps crashing and I can't open articles on Facebook
userkcREpE0WhS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Same issue. Can't open outlook. And the font is super small.
0 Likes
userz1Gru3jpxm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Unfortunately it started when Google Meet was integrated into Gmail app.  The only fix I have found is to go to a version before that or go back to the factory default one.  Go to Play store and hit uninstall.  It will take you to the November 2020 version.  The sad part is that I can't even attend meetings as Meet keeps disconnecting everytime Gmail crashes

0 Likes