Original topic:

Apps login help on S21

(Topic created: 04-07-2021 08:35 AM)
kirillka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi,

I have moved from Pixel 4a to S21. On Pixel I had a feature where if I am logging into an app (say, Expedia or a banking app), and click on the username field, I get automatic suggestion with the username and password. It takes them from the passwords stored in my Google account, I think.

But on S21 I don't have that feature. I have to literally go to Chrome -> Settings -> Passwords -> search for  "expedia" -> copy password -> enter pattern -> Continue -> switch back to the Expedia app -> paste. 🙂 And this is only in case I have visited the same web site and Google recorded my password. I didn't use any 3rd party password storage apps on Pixel.

How can I get this particular Pixel functionality in S21 ?

Notice that I am not talking about web sites that I open in Chrome, this is about various apps on the phone. I have also google for this but maybe I am not able to formulate the question properly but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Settings menu, go to general management, scroll down to Auto fill services, select Google, press the settings gear and adjust your auto fill saved passwords and such for your Google account that's signed into your phone and make sure they are all good. Next, it's easier to get the Google suggest password option to pop up from the G-Board and not the default S21 Samsung Keyboard so you'll prolly have to do a quick G-Board download from the app store. Then, same settings menu general management, select keyboard list and defaults, default keyboard, turn off Samsung and on G-board from the pop up. Then, under All, select the multilingual typing Gboard to bring up its settings and adjust to your liking. Note, All predictions, suggestions, spellings, shortcuts, learned words etc will all be gone since they are on Samsung not Gboard so you'll have to start over again.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
0 Likes
Solution
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Settings menu, go to general management, scroll down to Auto fill services, select Google, press the settings gear and adjust your auto fill saved passwords and such for your Google account that's signed into your phone and make sure they are all good. Next, it's easier to get the Google suggest password option to pop up from the G-Board and not the default S21 Samsung Keyboard so you'll prolly have to do a quick G-Board download from the app store. Then, same settings menu general management, select keyboard list and defaults, default keyboard, turn off Samsung and on G-board from the pop up. Then, under All, select the multilingual typing Gboard to bring up its settings and adjust to your liking. Note, All predictions, suggestions, spellings, shortcuts, learned words etc will all be gone since they are on Samsung not Gboard so you'll have to start over again.
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Pixel = Google phone. Default set up to Google products.

S21 = Samsung phone. Default Samsung products.

the ambassador there prolly can't suggest what I did and your pixel phone prolly didn't have the galaxy store or Samsung pass on it or available to it. Now, Samsung Pass is Samsung's auto fill service, just like the other but stores the info to your Samsung Account instead of your Google one and just requires you to use that auto fill service and you'll have to go to the different sites or apps and sign in the one time so it knows and select save and your gtg... easy peasy
0 Likes