JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Apps open and force close

(Topic created: 11-12-2022 12:53 PM)
Options
Galaxy S21
I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra.  Over the past few weeks I've noticed apps that would open and then close immediately,  apps that open but when in use,  a function will cause it to force close.  
I've run anti virus and malware software but come up with nothing. Tech support had me reset my network settings but even after that it's still doing the same thing. 
If I restart my phone everything will work for a bit but it's a matter of time before the same thing happens. 
I've been told the next step is a "Factory Reset" which I've done before but rather not if there's another way to fix my problem. 

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21
UPDATE ! !! !!!
After having to restart 5 times a day, I decided to do a factory reset. The good news is that my S21 ultra is running like the day I got it!
I believe this all started when I received a notification from the Galaxy Store about an instant game. If I played it they'd give me a new font. I figured it's the Galaxy Store. After playing it, I decided to try to delete it but couldn't find it and my fonts were changed to a cool font. Within a week of this happening I noticed apps were getting the "force close" after some use of my phone. I would restart it and all would be good till a few hours later. Well now I was restarting my cell over 5 times a day.
After the factory reset I decided to disable "auto update" in the galaxy store so no more quick games, no more surprises.
Thank you all for your input.

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
Zachary6619
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Press and hold the Home button.Tap.Tap End next to an application to close it.To close all running applications, tap End all.Alternatively, press and hold the Home button and then slide left or right until the app is deleted.
0 Likes
Zachary6619
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Here's how to kill background apps on Android: Go to Settings > Apps. Select an app you want to stop, then tap Force Stop. The app will relaunch when you restart your phone.
0 Likes
Zachary6619
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Tap Apps.Tap Smart Manager.Go to Security.Tap Scan Now.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
There is no Smart Manger under Apps so how do I go to security and scan now?
0 Likes
Zachary6619
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Press the Application key. To end one running application, slide your finger upwards on the required application.
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Same to me. Using a theme made it worse. So using default theme helped immensely. Still have just 1 app that is not working.
After going back to default theme, I went into recovery and cleared the cache and then hit rebuild apps.
There's clearly something wrong with the ui5 update.
Post back if you do end up doing a factory reset.
Options
Galaxy S21
I haven't even received the One Ui 5.0 update yet. I have a feeling factory reset may be in my near future
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Hmm. That's is odd if you don't have 5 yet and we are having the same symptoms.
0 Likes
galaxy6424
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Having the exact same issue on Galaxy S22. I have all the latest updates. 

0 Likes