Original topic:

Astrophotography on Galaxy S21

(Topic created on: 4/21/21 7:59 AM)
kirillka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello All,

I moved to S21 from Pixel 4a. Pixel has an automatic astrophotography mode. What do you do with S21 though? Any recommendations on how to take pictures of the night sky? I haven't tried it yet so will play with it myself soon; but was wondering if people have some interesting observations with it.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
linda1962
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
If you go into your camera. When open there is single take photo video etc above camera button. If you slide those words right to left you should come to more. Click on that. You will see more options. Like night mode. You can hold and drag it to the list you just slid. And then it's always there. Try and see if it works. And happy picture taking at night.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
There's not an astrophotography mode, but you can take pictures of stars by going to pro mode and setting exposure to 16+ seconds
0 Likes
Lux_Fiat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Put your phone on a tripod. Got to pro mode. Lower ISO to 100 or lower, then set exposure time to 25-30 seconds and set focus distance to infinity. Set white balance to around 3600-3800k. Make sure to capture in RAW formate for editing, and edit in the lightroom app (it's free). I attached a picture I captured on my s21u.

20210404_003548_16375.jpg

0 Likes
kirillka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you very much, everyone!

0 Likes