Original topic:

Avg battery life on 120hz? S21 U

(Topic created on: 3/25/21 7:49 PM)
invis52
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
So i haven't had any issues with battery on my s21 ultra but i usually keep it on 60hz so its lasts me all day, (11hours SOT avg with 720p and location and Bluetooth off) because i am a heavy user,  i tryed using 120hz one day and my phone was being excessively hot and lasted about 7hours 30mins SOT. Now i know the system optimizes battery life way more once you leave 120hz on, so i was wondering how long i should expect my battery to last.
 i have reported the issue maybe software issue, or i will just get my phone checked out.
0 Likes
7 Replies
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
We're revisiting this once again? : )
0 Likes
invis52
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Lmao, the phone seems fine no issue, then i click 120hz i heats up in 30 seconds
0 Likes
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
No issues here...

Possibly a combination of apps installed, allowed background activity, forground activity, settings ...
0 Likes
invis52
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Haha i have 88 apps in deepsleeping 6 in sleeping out of 132 apps
0 Likes
invis52
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Does having developer options on with animation time .5 make any difference in harming battery?
0 Likes
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
That improves things, as it shortens the animations (changed mine too that)
Lux_Fiat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
If you want a point of reference, I usually get anywhere from 6.5 to 7.5 SOT during a whole day and end around 10% battery. This usually includes about an hour or so of gaming, mostly genshin impact. This is with 1440p and 120hz adaptive, mostly wifi, no 5g.
0 Likes